Chimney Repair in Southlake
The chimney is a vital component to any home. Chimneys help to vent smoke from fireplaces and home heating units, and they also provide much-needed fire protection. Their importance cannot be overstated. That’s why it is important to call your local chimney repair team the second you detect chimney troubles.
Brick Experts DFW are the chimney repair team you can count on. We are a Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) and National Fireplace Institute (NFI) certified team with years of unmatched professional experience in brickwork, masonry, fireplace repair, and chimney repair.
Whether your chimney repairs consist of chimney relining, damper repair, leak repair, or chimney crack repair, Brick Experts DFW can help you. Call us today. Our repairs are swift, and our response-time is prompt.
The Best Chimney Repairs in Southlake
You might think that just because your chimney is idly sitting on top of your home that it rarely needs repairs. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Your chimney is one of the most vulnerable elements of your home. Why else would there be such a demand for chimney repairs in Southlake?
Day-in day-out, chimneys are exposed to the elements. That means heavy rainfall, high winds, scorching temperatures, wind-blown debris, and even neighborhood critters and birds. Not to mention all the smoke that passes through them on a daily basis! Over time all those fluctuations in temperature and erratic weather conditions can take their toll.
Thankfully, Brick Experts DFW is only a phone call away. When you call us, you’ll quickly notice some of the qualities that separate us from our competitors. The first is our dedication to customer service. We begin working for you the second you call us, and not a second later. We’ll provide you with a no-obligation consultation and a free quote on our services—before we even inspect your chimney!
Have you been suspecting that your chimney is damaged? Have bricks fallen from your chimney? Is there a downdraft coming from your fireplace?
Whatever the problem is, it certainly won’t fix itself. Call us today for a free quote on our services today!
Southlake Chimney Liner Repair
Looks can be deceiving. When the outside of your chimney looks fine, the inside might still be damaged. When we come to your residence to inspect your chimney, we’re not just going to look at the exterior brickwork and the exposed chimney flashing. We’ll look deep inside your chimney flue. Only then will we be able to determine whether your chimney liner or your chimney flue itself is damaged.
Brick Experts DFW is a business founded on expert work and your satisfaction. Locally owned and operated in Frisco, we offer free estimates and years of experience to provide high-quality service for a wide variety of projects.
From masonry construction and repair to brick restoration, all our work is visually appealing. Our highly skilled staff are trusted by heritage preservation officials, home and business owners and will always deliver on quality, no matter what your budget may be.
Has your chimney been showing signs of damage? Pick up the phone and call us today.
Common Chimney Issues
Chimneys may look like a fairly simple structure, but there are quite a few things that could go wrong with them causing major structural issues to your home.
- Cap and Crown The cap and crown of a chimney protect it from the elements. It’s like your chimney’s own personal roof. This prevents water seepage to keep your chimney’s bricks from deteriorating. If there are cracks in the cap and crown of your chimney, the seepage extends to the rest of the bricks causing wide-spread deterioration.
- Brick Replacement Sometimes bricks can become loose or cracked. If there are problems with one brick, it can cause other bricks to weaken, causing even bigger problems the longer you wait to fix them. We can remove and replace problem bricks.
- Repointing Repointing or simply “pointing”, is another way of tending to weathering and decay in the joints between bricks so as not to allow the entrance of water.
- Rebuilding In some cases a chimney will be beyond the point of small fixes and will need to be rebuilt entirely. We’ll take the time and care to get your chimney back to strong working condition!
As Southlake homeowners and community members ourselves, we know how disruptive chimney repairs can be. That’s why we are committed to working quickly without any sacrifice of quality. Not only that, we are also capable of working around your schedule!
Signs Your Chimney Requires Repairs
Even the most proactive home and business owners in the Southlake area have been known to forget about their chimneys. Since there is no feasible way for you to clean it or repair it on your own, it is bound to have built up wear and tear over the years.
It’s always tricky trying to assess whether or not your chimney is trying to warn you of damage or if this is normal. While we don’t expect every homeowner to know chimneys inside and out, there are some easy ways to identify chimney troubles. Here are a few telltale signs that you need to take action and get Brick Experts DFW’s chimney repair specialists on the case.
- Visible Mortar Damage. Brick work in the Southlake area has been known to take a beating thanks to the volatile climate. One quick and easy way to identify whether or not your chimney is in good condition is by examining it to see if there are any gaps, cracks and holes in the mortar. So, grab your binoculars and have a look. If the mortar looks damaged, then give us a call.
- White Staining. If you start to notice that there is a white substance building up around your chimney, it’s typically indicative of a moisture problem. Known as efflorescence to professionals, it occurs when water brings natural salts in the mortar and bricks to the surface where it remains after the water has evaporated. Moisture can do serious damage if not properly monitored.
- Firebox Damage. The firebox is the part of your fireplace where the actual fire burns. If it looks like there’s damage been done to the firebox area, then it’s very likely that there is damage elsewhere in the chimney that needs to be fixed.
- Weird Smells. If your chimney smells foul, it’s almost a guarantee that your chimney’s liner needs to be replaced. The chimney liner is supposed to draw fumes from the fireplace to the outdoors and if it’s not working, you need to call us immediately.
Get Your Chimney Inspected
Even if your chimney appears to exhibit one or more common problems, the only way to be sure that your chimney needs repairs is by letting the chimney experts at Brick Experts DFW take a closer look at your Southlake property. Our chimney repair specialists know the signs of a damaged chimney better than any other kind of contractor in the Southlake area.
We will use all kinds techniques to make sure that every inch of your chimney is up to code. The price of ignoring the state your chimney is in can be costly. That’s why a detailed report by one of our chimney experts can be so illuminating. You may have no idea that your chimney was in a state of disrepair before we conduct our inspection.
So, if you aren’t sure what kind of condition your chimney is in, call (817) 901-0236 today to arrange for your chimney inspection. Doing so will make sure you get some peace of mind because as soon as we find issues, we’ll begin planning how we provide it with the repairs it needs at an affordable rate.
The Cost Factor
Putting off fixing your chimney can end up costing you in the long run. A $1000 repair, if left untreated, can rocket upwards of $3000 quickly.
Fireplaces are appealing due to their esthetic appearance in the home and are an affordable way to provide heat in the winter. But they are prone to cracks, leaks and crown breakage. Bricks can be vulnerable to elemental damage, and you will need to keep your chimney swept on a regular basis.
Regularly having your chimney swept, and using cleaning logs to loosen creosote and tar will be of minimal cost to you, as will fixing cracks and leaks when they appear. But should you need to go to the next level and employ experts for a bigger job, that’s where we come in.
Give Your Chimney a Makeover Today
Don’t be caught underestimating the importance of keeping your chimney in good working condition. A central installation in your home that seasonally contains fire and smoke is not something that you want to fall apart!
Not only can we fix problems and get your chimney back to just-built quality, but if you need any advice in regard to living in a home with a chimney, we’re happy to help.