- - Which repairs add value to your home.
- - How to improve the cosmetic appearance of your home.
What Fixes are Mandatory for a Seller to Make?
ExteriorThe exterior of your house will be the first thing buyers notice. A brick facade is a beautiful focal point that adds a lot of curb appeal, but if the bricks are damaged in any way, the exterior of your home won’t be as appealing and may not draw in many interested buyers. You can remedy this issue by calling in a team of masonry experts. The Brick Experts can fix or replace cracked, chipped, and faded bricks to enhance the appearance of your home’s exterior and make it more appealing to buyers. We also repair damaged chimneys and fireplaces. These fixes not only make your home look more appealing, but they also make your home more functional by providing it with an alternative source of heat. A fireplace makes a beautiful focal point for your living room, so consider having it repaired by the Brick Experts so it looks its best.
FoundationThe foundation of your house is important. If it becomes cracked or damaged after years of wear and tear or improper drainage, the structure of your home could be compromised. Buyers want to be confident in their investment if they decide to purchase your home, and the integrity of the foundation is a significant selling point. Before you put your home on the market, make sure you repair any cracks in the foundation and resolve any drainage issues.
ElectricalElectrical issues are off-putting to potential buyers. No one wants to purchase a house that has known electrical problems, so if you know you have faulty wiring, you need to have it fixed before you sell the house. Many states require you to disclose necessary repairs to potential buyers before making an offer, so interested parties will likely ask you to make the repairs as part of the deal. You can avoid this by fixing electrical problems before listing your house.
Cosmetic AppearanceBuyers love well-kept houses. If you haven’t been diligent about maintaining your home, there are plenty of easy cosmetic changes you can make that will enhance your home’s appearance. Consider making the following cosmetic repairs.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint can rejuvenate any room. Light and neutral tones tend to be more popular, so opt for a light gray of beige over a dark navy. Choose paint shades that go well with a variety of decor themes.
- Tile: If you have chipped tiles in your kitchen or bathroom, you may want to replace the flooring before listing your house. Busted tiles are often enough to make a sale fall through, so this is a worthwhile repair.
- Carpet: Many people choose to upgrade their homes with hardwood flooring, but carpet is still a popular flooring choice. If you have stained carpet, ripped, or wrinkled, it will detract from the aesthetic appearance of your home. Consider replacing so your home will be more appealing to buyers.
Trust the Masonry Professionals at Brick ExpertsIf you are preparing to sell your home in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, you may not know which repairs are worth making. Focusing on these four types of repairs can help you draw an excellent price for your home, so get started today by contacting the Brick Experts to work on masonry repairs.
Featured Image: Kurhan/Shutterstock